Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The road less traveled.... (the purpose of this blog)


"If it was a simple, painless process then I don't think the records would have the same intensity or resonance. You have to gouge away and open the veins to the find the stuff that really matters to you, and to do that you have to go to some dark places". - The Edge (U2's guitarist)

After spending a few years volunteering, interning, and being a Student Minister I was still feeling like my part in the kingdom of God was not being fulfilled. I was not doing the things that I felt really mattered to me. What does matter to me is simple. That is to see people embrace with their lives, the reality of God. Meaning that God is not just another thing that we sign our name to and claim that we are apart of. Rather, a relationship that His name is signed on as ownership over our lives. This may seem obvious but it only sounds that way because we have heard it so many times. The very fact of God existing, and His amazing story of His Grace and Glory is something that should awaken us to amazement every morning. After spending some time being a Student Minister I now understand and have discerned that God is calling me to speak full time on His grace and the reality of His existence. This was a very scary and intimidating road for me to go on, one that I should mentioned I avoided for some time. But after spending many months in prayer about the next step in my life, God showed me that this was it. God continues to confirm this by showing me many of those who have partnered with me to pray for me and encourage me. Throughout the month of December I sent many prayer letters to many people asking for their time in prayer for me. God has blessed his plans by filling up my calendar for most of January and February. God has given me the opportunity to speak and visit in Alabama, New York, Virginia, and Florida in the next 2 months and I can't thank enough, the people who have been praying for me. You can be praying for me as I prepare and travel for the coming months, and that the spring and summer would fill up as well.

For His Namesake,
JP

2 comments:

Samantha Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha Grace said...

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both, and be one traveler, long I stood..." That's what your title immediately brought to mind-one of my all time favorite poems. I just wanted to say that I have a lot of respect for someone who can travel on that less traveled road--it's a way filled with obstacles, usually more than the other way... but the blessings of being on it-doing that which God has called you, maybe even made you to be! I do look forward to hearing more about this journey you are on... :)
(Sorry, I just wanted to erase my name at the end because I realized it put it at the beginning--oh the woes!)